Saturday, March 1, 2014

February Performance Update



A quick update on performance. A pretty decent month, with a gain of 7.8% putting me on 2.9% YTD. I'm going to start updating live trades on my recently-added twitter feed, so anyone interested should just follow me on that. A link to my twitter feed should be on the website, otherwise find me @LeeSamaha

Alternatively, I'm obliged to disclose my positions through the Motley Fool website. You can follow them here http://my.fool.com/profile/SaintGermain/info.aspx

BBH, CHD, CHKP, COO, CSCO, CVS, GS, HD, IBM, INTU, LOW, NICE, PDCO, PPG, ROST, SIRO, TJX, VRNT, WHR, WAG, WTS

Red line is the S & P 500, blue line is me.


I'm pleased to pass an all-time-high, but not pleased to have taken so long to get back up there. My one area of concern, and it's a pretty big on actually, is that my returns seem to be becoming correlated with the market. In a sense, I'm performing more like a high-beta fund then a truly market neutral strategy. You can see this by how the R^2 has crept up recently to 11%.


Perhaps the recent correlation is just a trick of distribution patterns, or maybe I am holding too many large caps? Time will tell.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment